A special recipe created for and requested by Dr. Mike – Ariix Kitchen so hopes you like this dish of Mediterranean vegetables, cooked in a tomato sauce, making an ideal topping for raw zucchini spaghetti.
Chef: Chef Nelda
- 2 Tablespoons Coconut Oil
- 1 ½ Cups Red Onion Chopped Course
- 1-2 Tablespoons Garlic chopped
- 2 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 3 Cups Eggplant Cubed
- 2 Cups Tomatoes Chopped with Juice
- 1 ½ Cups Colored Bell Peppers cut in Squares
- 2 Artichoke Hearts Sliced
- 4 Cups Spiral Cut Zucchini
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Parsley Torn
- Sea Salt/Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- Heat coconut oil in a large skillet.
- Add the onion, garlic, lemon juice and eggplant and cook over low heat until the vegetables are soft about 10 minutes.
- Pour in the chopped tomatoes with juice and dried Italian seasonings.
- If you do not have a blend of Italian seasonings just use a pinch of oregano, thyme and basil.
- Bring to a boil, lower heat and then simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Add the colored bells and continue cooking for another 10-15 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Using a spiralizer cut zucchini into the spaghetti shape. If you do not have a Spiral tool (please get one) you may use a julienne tool or simply shave long strips down the length of the zucchini with a vegetable peeler.
- You may season the zucchini spaghetti with sea salt or even red pepper flakes if you like heat.
- Pour Sauce over the spaghetti garnish with parsley and artichoke pieces.
- Recipe yields 3 ½ cups of sauce so this makes 2 very generous servings or 3 smaller portions.
In Health Now and Always,
Calories: 203 Carbohydrates: 39g Protein: 6.5