Pure Nourish Guacamole
Here's a chance to go "one up" on your favorite Tex-Mex appetizer: add a scoop of the all vegetable protein in Pure Nourish and you've just raised the nutrition bar. Avocados are already packed with nutrition and now you can add an all-vegetable 60-cal protein punch that won't floor your weight loss hopes.
Chef: Chef Larry
Recipe type: Appetizer
Cuisine: Mexican American
Serves: Serves 4-6
- 2 Medium Avocados, seed and skin removed
- 2 Small tomatoes, in small dice
- ½ tsp finely minced garlic
- 1 Juice of a fresh lime
- ½ tsp Sea Salt (to taste)
- ½ Tbs raw blue agave nectar
- 1 scoop Pure Nourish Natural Protein Powder
- 2 Tbs of minced onion
- 1 Jalapeño Pepper, seeds and membrane removed, finely diced
- Put avocados in a medium bowl, add salt, garlic, salt, agave, lime juice, protein powder. Using a kitchen fork or potato masher, break up avocado and mix thoroughly with other ingredients, leaving slightly lumpy.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir to mix thoroughly. Adjust taste with pepper sauce or salt as needed.
- Serve on lettuce as an appetizer (if you are in maintenance phase, you can use organic sprouted grain chips - but don't overdo; there are tasty versions with quinoa, black beans, brown rice flour)