PureNourish Vanilla Ice Cream
Easy to buy Yes, Healthy No; Forget so called healthy treats with their long list of ingredients that include flavorings, coloring, and strange chemical thickeners with high glycemic fruits. Add healthy new habits and make your own in a matter of minutes with life-giving vitamins, minerals, protein and more that are easy to digest and assimilate-----and that all spells PURENOURISH.
Chef: Chef Nelda
Recipe type: Dessert
- 4 Scoops PureNourish Natural
- 1 Cup Almond Milk Unsweetened
- 3 Tablespoons Avocado ( Heaping or rounded)
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla
- 5 Ice Cubes
- Cinnamon to Sprinkle
- In a blender put 1 cup full Almond Milk.
- With blender in motion add 4 scoops of PureNourish Natural and mix for 8 seconds or more, this adds a little air…. a good thing for ice cream.
- Add the avocado and vanilla and blend until thick and smooth incorporating the ice cubes on high until all is creamy.
- Now spoon the mixture into ice cream trays that have been sprayed with coconut oil for easy removal.
- This will yield approx. 22 depressions equaling a little over a tablespoon per depression.
- Freeze the cubes and store in zip-lock bags.
- For the ice cream; remove frozen cubes from freezer and let them stand to soften around the outer edges before blending in your blender, the mixture will become creamy faster if you do this.
- The recipe yields 1 ¾ cups providing 3 servings of ½ cup or a single serving is about 7 cubes. Tip: Unless your blender has a small base it will be difficult to blend only 7 cubes just blend more and refreeze the extra mixture. My Vit-A-Mix could not accomplish this small feat but a $100. Nutri-Bullet does just fine. Serve with cinnamon sprinkled on top.
Serving size: ½ cup Calories: 117 Carbohydrates: 8g Protein: 11.4g