Steamed Salmon Kabobs over Cauliflower Rice
Chef: Chef Nelda
Recipe type: Entree
- 1½-2 Lbs. Wild Salmon Fillet Skinned
- 8 Baby Bella Mushrooms
- 8 Pieces Yellow Bell Peppers Cut into 1 inch Squares
- 4 Slices Zucchini cut 1 inch Thick
- 3 Teaspoons Lime Zest
- 3 Tablespoons Lime Juice
- 1 ½ Teaspoons Garlic Minced
- 1 Tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons Walnut Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Dill Chopped
- CAULIFLOWER RICE
- 4 Cups Grated Cauliflower
- ⅓ Cup Green Onion w/ Tops Chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Dried Tarragon
- Sea Salt/Pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Coconut Oil
- Wash Salmon and pat dry. Cut into 12 equal cubes.
- Put the fish, yellow peppers, zucchini and mushrooms in a glass dish.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Wisk together the lime juice, zest, garlic, vinegar, oil, mustard and dill.
- Pour the marinade into the glass dish to coat the kabob ingredients well.
- Cover and marinate for 2 hours, turning occasionally.
- Thread the fish (3 per skewer), peppers (2 per skewer), zucchini (1 piece) and mushrooms (2 per skewer); alternating them on the wooden skewers and set aside.
- Prepare the cauliflower rice by grating the cauliflower or using your “S” blade in your food processor pulsing until you have a course rice-like texture.
- Add the green onions, tarragon and coconut oil to the rice.
- Season to taste and put the mixture in a bowl that will fit on the second tier of your steamer above your kebobs.
- Bring the water in the base of the steamer to a boil.
- Lay a sheet of parchment paper in the base of the steamer on the first tier and arrange the kebobs on top of the parchment paper.
- Add the second tier of your steamer with your bowl of cauliflower and cover with a tight fitting lid.
- Steam for 5-7 minutes and check to see if the salmon is to your liking; if so remove the kebobs and steam the rice 3 or 4 minutes more according to the texture you like.
- I like my salmon very soft and my veggies very crunchy.
- Serve the kebobs over the tarragon rice.
- This goes nicely with a green salad.
- In Health Now and Always,
- Chef Nelda
- Slenderiiz Approved Feels So Good!
Serving size: 1 Kabob w/1 cup rice Calories: 213 Carbohydrates: 10g Protein: 27g